Mepiform® is a thin and discreet dressing, designed for the management of both old and new hypertrophic and keloid scars. It can also be used as a prophylactic therapy on closed wounds for prevention of hypertrophic or keloid scarring. With the patented Safetac® technology, it also minimises pain during dressing changes.1, 2, 3
Minimises pain and trauma during dressing changes1, 2, 3
Clinically proven to reduce scarring and reduce scars
Conforms well to body contours, no need for extra fixation
Can be worn during daily activities and be reapplied
Topical silicone has empirically been shown to have a positive impact on hypertrophic scars and keloids.4, 5 It may take from three months up to a year or more to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. Mepiform should optimally be worn 24 hours a day. It is recommended that Mepiform is removed once a day, e.g. when showering or bathing, for inspection and washing of the skin. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform should be used for two to six months, depending on the condition of the scar.
Check your local website for information about assortment.
- Wound Union of Wound Healing Societies. Principles of best practice. Minimising pain at wound dressing related procedures. A consensus document. 2004. Published by Medical Educational Partnership London.
- Principles of best practice: Minimising pain at dressing-related procedures. A consensus document. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: ©WoundPedia Inc 2007.
- Dykes PJ et al. Effects of adhesive dressings on the stratum corneum of the skin. Jo WC Vol10, No 2 (2001), p. 7-10.
- Mustoe T A et al., International clinical recommendations on Scar Management. Plast. Reconstr. Surg, Vol 110, No 2 (2002), p. 560-571.
- Maján J.I et al. Evaluation of a self-adherent soft silicone dressing for the treatment of hypertrophic postoperative scars. Jo WC, Vol15, No 5 (2006), p.193-6.
- Swedish Institute for Fibre and Polymer Research (1998).
Creates an occlusive barrier which retains moisture and minimizes heat loss....
Provides optimal moisturisation to the skin, minimising irritations associated...
A preservative-free zinc paste bandage is highly desirable if sensitisation...
A 2-in-1 cream that can be used as a skin cleanser and an emollient. In...
A 3-in-1 product that can be used as an emollient directly on the skin,...
Ideal for use in wet or dry wrapping and dressing fixation....
The ideal choice for wet or dry wrapping as well as...
The information on the page you are about to enter is intended for healthcare professionals only. To enter our product section you need tick the box below and click "yes".
By clicking the tick box below you confirm that you are a health care professional.
If you are not a Healthcare professional please visit our patient website for product information. Thank you!
Take me back to startpage
ATTENTION: Products shown may not be available in all countries. Indications for use and product claims may vary from country to country. For market specific product information, see the appropriate location section of this website