What are the demands on a surgical dressing?
Mepilex® Border offers optimal post-surgical fluid handling with a unique five-layer design that effectively absorbs, distributes and retains exudate.
Its high retention capacity minimizes the risk of leakage and reduces the need to change the dressing as often.
Wound pain at dressing change is known to be a devastating part of living with a chronic wound10. For acute wounds, such as surgical wounds, the number of dressing changes is fewer; however, despite this, pain at dressing change should be addressed11. Consensus11 has been reached on the key principles on how to minimize pain at dressing-related procedures:
- Assume all wounds are painful
- Always assess pain
- Select a dressing that is atraumatic
Safetac® is a unique adhesive interface that minimizes pain to patients and trauma to wounds. Dressings with Safetac hurt less because it:
- Tacks gently to dry surfaces, like skin, but not to moist surfaces, such as open wounds12
- Moulds to the skin’s pores, covering more skin surface and spreading peel forces on removal to prevent skin stripping13
- Seals the wound margins, minimizing the spread of exudate and the risk of maceration14,15