Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains wound fluid (exudate) but keeps the wound sufficiently moist.
The unique and patented Safetac® adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or skin around it. This makes the dressing change as pain free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy. If you want to learn more about Safetac click here.
Areas of use
Mepilex Border is a versatile dressing that can be used on many different wounds that exudes. Typical wounds that are treated with Mepilex Border are
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
Main benefits of Mepilex Border
- Minimises pain and skin damage at dressing changes
- Shower proof
- Is very comfortable to wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherence
- Low risk of skin irritation and allergy