Mepitel One is a thin, transparent dressing that conforms to the shape of your wound and should be used in combination with an outer absorbent dressing.
Containing the unique and patented Safetac® adhesive on one side of the dressing, Mepitel One prevents the outer absorbent dressing from sticking to your wound (or the skin around your wound). This makes the dressing changes as pain free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy. If you want to learn more about Safetac click here.
Mepitel One can be left in place for up to 14 days, depending on the condition of your wound, which means that only the outer dressing needs replacing during the 14 day period as and when needed.
Areas of use
Mepitel One is a versatile dressing that can be used on many different wounds when used with an outer absorbent dressing. Typical wounds that are treated with Mepitel One are:
- Skin tears
- Skin abrasions, blistering and lacerations
- Surgical wounds
- Partial thickness burns
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Mepitel One can also be used as protective layer on superficial wounds that are not discharging and on areas of skin that is very fragile.
Note: If Mepitel One is used with Epidermolysis Bullosa take extra care during dressing changes as the adhesion level of Mepitel One is slightly higher than that of Mepitel.
Main benefits of Mepitel One
- Minimises pain during dressing changes
- Minimises damage to the wound and the skin around the wound during dressing changes
- Highly transparent meaning that your nurse can see the progression of the wound through the Mepitel One without having to remove it
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days during which time the outer absorbent pad should be changed as needed
- Low risk of skin irritation and allergy