- Clean the wound area and select a suitable size of Mextra Superabsorbent. Apply Mextra Superabsorbent directly on the wound area with the white side of the dressing face down. For best results, the dressing should overlap the dry surrounding skin by at least 2cm. Fixate as appropriate.
- Mextra Superabsorbent can be fixated with products such as Tubifast® or Mefix®.
- Mextra Superabsorbent can be used together with primary dressings such as Mepitel® One or Mepilex® Transfer.
- Mextra Superabsorbent can be used in conjunction with compression therapy for venous leg ulcers.
1. Tickle, J., Fletcher, J. Mextra Superabsorbent made easy. Wounds UK 2012; 8(4): 1-4.
2. Mölnlycke Health Care Laboratory report no: PD-522474, 2016 (unpublished).
3. Mölnlycke Health Care Survey report no: PD-522187 Rev: 00, 2016 (unpublished).
4. Wiegand, C., Hipler, U.C. In vitro evaluation of MMP binding capacity of a superabsorbent dressing and the reduction of collagenase activity. Poster presentation at European Wound Management Association conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2013.
5. Eming, S., Smola, H., Hartmann, B., Malchau, G., Wegner, R., Krieg, T., Smola- Hess, S. The inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase activity in chronic wounds by a polyacrylate superabsorber. Biomaterials 2008; 29(19): 2932-2940