POSITIONING DEVICE FOR NEWBORN BABIES
Mölnlycke Z-Flo Fluidized positioner - Neonatal and pediatric
Conformable fluidized positioning device for newborns and children.
The Mölnlycke® Z-Flo Fluidized Positioner for neonates is a positioning tool for the neonatal population. It can be molded to conform to the infant to help position the head or along the body to achieve individualised developmental positioning
The Mölnlycke Z-Flo positioner offers support and contouring to help facilitate positioning of the neonate
In a pilot randomised controlled trial on infants with feeding difficulties, the conformational positioning achieved with the use of Mölnlycke Z-Flo resulted in better sleep efficiency than when compared to standard positioning
The Mölnlycke Z-Flo positioner has also been designed to be molded away from or around vulnerable areas, such as ears or existing wounds, as well as medical devices.
- Conforms to support the neonate in the desired position until next repositioning is needed
- Can be molded to create a soft, well-defined nest for the baby
- Supports developmentally appropriate positioning for better sleep efficiency
, neuromuscular development and aid in the prevention of head deformation
- Redistributes pressure over a greater surface area
- Molds and holds – can be shaped to the individual positioning desired and holds until repositioned
- Safe for use in X-Ray, CT and MRI
- Can also be used for pediatric patients
- Available in different sizes and kits