POSITIONING DEVICE FOR NEWBORN BABIES
Mölnlycke Z-Flo Fluidized positioner - Neonatal and pediatric
Conformable fluidized positioning device for newborns and children.
The Mölnlycke® Z-Flo™ Fluidized Positioner for neonates is a positioning tool for the neonatal population. It can be molded to conform to the infant to help position the head or along the body to achieve individualised developmental positioning
The Z-Flo positioner offers support and contouring to help facilitate positioning of the neonate
In a pilot randomised controlled trial on infants with feeding difficulties, the conformational positioning achieved with the use of Z-Flo resulted in better sleep efficiency than when compared to standard positioning
The Z-Flo positioner has also been designed to be molded away from or around vulnerable areas, such as ears or existing wounds, as well as medical devices.
- Conforms to support the neonate in the desired position until next repositioning is needed
- Can be molded to create a soft, well-defined nest for the baby
- Supports developmentally appropriate positioning for better sleep efficiency
, neuromuscular development and aid in the prevention of head deformation
- Redistributes pressure over a greater surface area
- Molds and holds – can be shaped to the individual positioning desired and holds until repositioned
- Safe for use in X-Ray, CT and MRI
- Can also be used for pediatric patients
- Available in different sizes and kits