Used to create a pneumoperitoneum in laparoscopic procedures
The Veress Needle is a sterile single-patient use device designed for establishing pneumoperitoneum prior to abdominal endoscopy. The Needle is stainless steel with a spring-loaded stylet that retracts when inserted into the abdomen. The stylet then advances to shield the needle once the needle tip enters the abdominal cavity. It is used to establish pneumoperitoneum prior to trocar and cannula insertion in laparoscopic procedures.
- Sharp bevelled needle tip ensures simple abdominal wall penetration
- Transparent handle with clear red visual position indicator
- Spring-loaded stylet provides audible and tactile feedback of correct needle placement
- Blunt stylet shields needle tip once correct positioning has been achieved
- High-flow rotating stopcock with luer lock connector for the connection with the insufflation tube
- Available both as sterile single-packed product and for inclusion in ProcedurePak® trays
For information tailored to your market, please click on the the button below.
Attention: Products shown on the Mölnlycke web sites(s) may not be available in all markets and product indication claim(s) may vary between markets.
Surgeon trial shows preference for Mölnlycke instruments
Twenty-one laparoscopic surgeons across Germany, Sweden and the UK participated in a recent randomised trial of new laparoscopic instruments from Mölnlycke®, comparing them to three market-leading competitor instruments
The result? A clear preference for the new Mölnlycke instruments.