Throughout our history, we’ve been driven by the desire to find better ways to deliver care – and support healthcare professionals.
We were the first to mass-produce wound dressings and the first to offer single-use drapes, tubular bandages and powder-free coated surgical gloves, enhancing performance in the operating room.
We’re the company behind Safetac® – the revolutionary soft silicone-based technology used in many of our wound care dressings such as Mepitel® and Mepilex® that results in less pain for patients1,2.3.
We’re still innovating today – in-house, through partnerships with others and through acquisitions. And now we’re leading the way in preventing pressure ulcers, with prophylactic dressings and devices for turning and re-positioning patients.
Did you know?
- Every minute, we manufacture about 400 pairs of Biogel® gloves
- There are more than 16,000 different customised Mölnlycke procedure trays
- Each day, our Mölnlycke tray factories process more than 800,000 components
- Every three seconds, a Mölnlycke drape is used in surgery somewhere in the world
1. Davies, P., Rippon, M. Evidence review: the clinical benefits of Safetac technology in wound care. Journal of Wound Care 2008; Supplement:3-31.
2. Santamaria N, Gerdtz M, Liu W, Rakis S, Sage S, Ng AW, Tudor H, McCann J, Vassiliou T, Morrow F, Smith K, Knott J, Liew D. Clinical effectiveness of a silicone foam dressing for the prevention of heel pressure ulcers in critically ill patients: Border II Trial. Journal of Wound Care 2015; 24(8):340-345.
3. Santamaria N, Santamaria H. An estimate of the potential budget impact of using prophylactic dressings to prevent hospital-acquired PUs in Australia. Journal of Wound Care 2014; 23(11):583-589.