We support independent clinical research
If you’re interested in researching our solutions or related therapy areas, we may be able to support you.
Our investigator-initiated studies programme
Independent research is vital to expanding the clinical and scientific knowledge of medical devices.
We are interested in supporting investigator-initiated studies in line with our clinical evidence strategy. Our support may consist of products and/or funds.
We adhere to high ethical and scientific standards and Good Clinical Practice. We also follow AdvaMed, MedTech Europe and APACMed codes of ethics business practice for interactions with health care professionals.
How to submit your research proposal
We’ll review your research proposal in detail before we decide whether to support it.
If your idea is in an early stage, Submit a concept proposal.
If you already have a protocol or clinical investigation plan in place, Submit a full proposal.
We can’t promise to support every proposal that healthcare professionals and academics submit.
After you’ve submitted your proposal
Supporting a research proposal is a big step for us and for you. So we want you to know how we make decisions and what to expect after you submit your proposal.
- We’ll confirm when we’ve received your proposal. And if we need more information, we’ll ask you for it.
- Once we’ve received the information we need, we’ll review your proposal, looking at: safety of the participating subjects, alignment with Mölnlycke clinical and health economic evidence strategy, study design, statistics, possibility that the study will lead to a meaningful publication in a peer review journal, your qualifications and scientific merits and if your budget request is within fair market value.
- You may be asked additional questions before we can take a decision about your proposal.
- After about a month, you’ll receive a written response with a rationale for our decision. We may decide to reject your proposal, offer a conditional approval or give you final approval. We only give final approval after receiving a copy of the Ethics Committee/Institutional Review Board favourable opinion/approval for the study. The agreement cannot be signed before all approvals are in place.
- Once all the approvals are in place, we’ll make out Support Agreement, describing the responsibilities of everyone involved.
N.B.: Kindly sumbit your proposal in English by using the following formats: PDF, jpeg and png.