Double gloving with puncture indication for extra safety
The key to maximum safety is making sure that punctures in surgical gloves can be detected as rapidly as possible.
The Biogel® Indicator® System's puncture indications are clear, fast and large
- A 2014 Cochrane Review concludes that double gloving reduces the risk of an inner-glove perforation by 71% compared to single gloving
- A study by Laine and colleagues conclude that indicator gloves substantially increase the detection for glove perforations during operation. Indicator gloves detect approximately 90% of the perforations, while standard double gloves and single gloves only detect 36% and 23% of the punctures respectively
- Biogel Indicator System detects up to 97% of punctures
Watch the videoProtection you can see
The Biogel Indicator System is unique in that it offers vividly visible puncture detection in three proven way:
- Clear– The colour of the inner glove is selected based on colour physics, maximising the sensitivity of the human eye.
- Fast – The gloves are designed to make a puncture visible as fast as possible and to ensure that the regions of indication grow quickly.
- Large – The Biogel puncture indication is large and visible from a distance.
The Biogel PI Micro Indicator system gives significantly clearer indication than other synthetic double-gloving combinations, making punctures visible as fast as possible